Thursday, June 12, 2008

My cold war with the means of transport....

One of the first things that ppl advised me to do in my hols is to learn driving....It seems driving is one of the easiest ways to spend the neverending time that we get in the hols....At first even I was enthusiastic about it...but then I happened to recollect my history with the various means of transport....Vehicles(any vehicle as a matter of fact) seem to be allergic to me.....Ive never fared well with any kind of transport...My silent war with automobiles,unknown to the rest of the world and even to self, began from the day i was born...im not kidding....The whole Indian traffic came to a halt when I opened my eyes and utterd my first cry..It was an "All India Harthal" that day...Maybe it was another way in which the four and two wheeled creatures staged their protest and reaffirmed that this Piscean female will never get lucky with vehicles...

Well....Things didnt stop there.....calamities continued just like inexplicable events that follow the cursed princess in every fairytale...Yeah....When I began boarding buses,I always ended up in unknown places....Either I would sleep off or board the wrong bus or merely get down at the wrong stop...I guess my brain is "transport challenged"...I cant comprehend a sense of direction no matter how familiar Iam with the places..or maybe the buses suddenly get life when i ebter them and purposely dump me at the wrong places.......Well about cycles...Tricycles were fine when i was small...But the 2 wheeled ones, I could never balance...Or mabbe the cycle couldnt balance my weight...Not my fault!!The same thing with scooters and all....

Train journeys were still better...Though the last time I came home I boarded the wrong train at night..And the fact that not one of the flights that i have boarded has taken off without being dealyed by a few hours(kkk..no exagerration..mabbe 2 of them must have taken off on time..) further ascertains the fact that iam a black cat to every other soul in whose fate is embossed a journey with me....I'd rather not talk about what happens in the connection flights!!
So dejected was I wen my friend advised me to get virtual....Comp games with me commanding the steering was a welcome option...Well...wasnt lucky there either.....The message "Sorry...you are driving in the reverse direction" used to blink evey 5 minutes.....virtaul or real,vehicles dont like me being near them....

so im still wondering whether I should even think of learning driving...incidently one of my biggest dreams is to ride on a bike..god knows what will go wrong then....lol

3 comments:

Neethu said...

Ha finally u posted it..toldya na u cud write well.....and me jus love d way u write crazzzy....

"My silent war with automobiles,unknown to the rest of the world and even to self"
oh yeah?i thot it was a publicially known fact..atleast in NITc spheres..:P

riding on a bike eh??kochukalli...;)

rachelin george said...

;)...............hehe

frans said...

bike riding ..kottayamkarikku jahadavachu parappikkan kollam .......ente moolu..[:P]learn,come ride nd shw,my promises of a geat bonaza[:P]