Sunday, June 17, 2007

bb???no thnx.............

Now I dun have a topic to blog on..….Life’s going on…The clock is tickin’ away and with each sec I feel a pang in my heart when I find my vacation slipping away before me….Theres my cup of mocha here…tooo hot 2 take a sip…and ders a mag lying around….(prob mi sis’s plan 2 make ma shout @ me..)….she keeps leavin’ uninteresting stuff all around the place….Hey wait……..now that pic reminds me of smthin’…it’s a bunch of guys playin’ basket ball…hey…now ‘ve got a topic to write….basket ball!! thats rite…….

K….to begin with bb is my fav game……I jes luv d game …crazy ‘bout it…its a game of style…n all d gr8 bb players r cool dudes..eh…they’ve gt style…hmm..a kinda branded look…dats wat I mean…nw u must b thinkin’ im a gr8 player too…u’ve got it all wrong buddy..i DON’T play… ….its jes dat I luv watchin’ d game….

I was never much into sports since the time I was a kid…..hehe……used 2 come up with extraordinary xcuses like sun allergy…..leg sprain ….headache….oo ya……not 2 4get that I used 2 fake the fainting part….if nothing worked out I wud somehow convince the sir that my parents wre both doctors n I was strictly advised 2 avoid games though I luv them(hehe….a lil bit of sympathy is necessary 2 have things ur way you no)….throwball n stuff was fine …I didn’t mind that much…bt those running..jumpin’ stff…uck….hated them…..once mum enrolled me 4 table tennis classes n I used 2 bunk them n go 4 d paintin’ lessons instead…..not that I hated sports…but ther wre always more temptin’ offers which I luved more….so u cant blame me either……

But bb was different….der was smthin’ reely magnetic abt the game…..wanted 2 play bb soooo much…..bt things nevr worked out…..u cant xpect an anaemic person(lolZ) with fotosensitve skin 2 play bb…rite??so wen der wre ppl 2 coach I didn’t learn n when I wanted 2 learn der was no time…..so it remained as an unfulfilled dream…..

Never thot I’ll even get 2 touch d lovely orange ball in a real bb cout…That’s when I enterd college…..There was this girls bb game 2 be played branch wise….hmmm……Now what does one do when ur branch is short of ppl and ders none left 2 play????well…..coax others into joining is my kinda answer…Dear me…coax we did…..there was a hoarde of xcuses dat ppl came up wid…well I wasn’t bad @ xcuses either…its jes dat d branch spirit or watevr u call it took over me n I sed’YES’…me n Anu…2 play bb……in d team.. wen we didn’t evn no the abc of d game…..”all 4 one and one 4 all”‘ motto in mind…

We practised a few times b4 the match…Lemme tell ya with pride 2 out of the 10 shots that I aimed @ d basket came out rite….See …both of us wre dat bad…And 2 think we were ready 2 play in frnt of dat crowd on d court…A few hours b4 the match was d 1st time both of us dribbled the ball….4gt abt ‘playin’ the game!!

The 1st match was great n we won…’coz it was a walkover…dint hafta play..(lol)…We were given the branch shirts n stuff…so looked as though we wre in sm BIG game…I n Anu were kept as substitutes…[thnk gudness]….Anu was called in d 2 game …we lost d game …And the last match was the next day..the loser’s final...gsh…I was silently prayin’ dat I shudnt b called….Seeing the crowd around, I was already thinkin’ of the consequences of being a laughing stock at class the next day…All my plans of playin’ d game vanished in a jiffy.. 4gt about the old dream of mastering it!!!…I didn’t even want 2 touch the ball…wonderd wethr I cud escape this time too with a legpain…but then ,…the damn branch spirit…didn’t wanna let the seniors down who wre counting on both of us...I was wonderin’ why in the world I agreed 2 play in the first place….

Well…as always things always go wrong with me…The loser’s final….There was a shortage…The moment Simichechi(mi senior) called my name,mi heart missed a beat….that’s one of the times I thot that mi name had such a cacophonic aura 2 it…wished I didn’t own the name…wel that was not the rite moment 2 relish sch thots…I HAD 2 b in d court!!I and Anu were told that d only job we need to do was 2 “block n pass”….much like the “divide and rule” policy….not that we were good @ that…but there was nothin’ else we knew…u couldn’t possibly stand jobless in the court ..rite??...Aiming at the basket was a firm no-no…. that’s when I understood the game isn’t as easy as it seems…..gosh….it isn’t always a sleek game as I imagined….

My 1st passes wre tooo “good”…passed all of them 2 the opposin’ team..(now ya get wat I act mean by”good”??)…. I wonder how the guys seem 2 carry off the game soo well… ….i still cant digest d fact that I stayed in d court wid 0 practce…0stamina…n 0 exp…bt den our game was more of a ‘passing the parcel ‘ than bb!!!

I still rembr d end….i fell down n d pe sir sounded d finaal whistle…Bruised mi leg…n my jeans tore at d knee (hmm…..wnder with wat crap de made that stff….)….game over…We won!...Now dat seemed lik sm heroic end….mi jeans died a martyr 4 my branch…I still have d jeans as a reminder of hw I n Anu act had d courage 2 play 4 d 1st time…….Who knows …mabbe a micheal Jordan is in d makin’ inside both of us…Yikes….NOoooooooo way!!! I act keep d torn jeans 2 remind me dat I’ve promised myself nevr 2 do that once again..(dun tel me ive gotta play d fool in fronta mi juniors toooo next year!!)..Noooo way!!

Who cares…we we won after all!!! N dat tooo in my 1st bb match..(mi last one too)…[lolz….]……..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey so wat next after bb??fb n u n me n mr f????hehe...he...hmm..lets c wat all u ll do nxt 3 yrs....

Anonymous said...

mr f....podiiiiiiiiiiiii....hehe